Timothy B. TheissenShareholder
Tim Theissen maintains a general practice, and primarily handles divorces, local government, zoning/real estate, estate planning/probate and general civil litigation. His largest practice area is Family Law, and he is a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (See www.AAML.org). He is collaboratively trained and is an advocate of the collaborative process (See www.nkydivorce.com and www.collaborativelaw.com ).
Throughout his practice, Tim has had the opportunity to handle many zoning and local government matters, having handled almost every level of zoning advocacy. Tim also represents several local government organizations: The City of Fort Wright, Planning and Development Services of Kenton County (PDS), the Pendleton County Joint Planning Commission and the Bracken County Planning Commission.
As a fourth generation attorney, Tim continues to carry forward a century-long tradition in his family of representing clients in estate planning and probate, as well as real estate transactions.
- Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law (J.D.)
- Northern Kentucky University (B.A.)
- Attended Xavier University
Articles, Publications & Lectures
- Six common mistakes made after divorce. (2018)
- Six common mistakes made before a divorce. (2018)
- The State of Grandparent Visitation in Kentucky (2011)
- The Family Business and Divorce (2011) addressing business valuations, and the non-marital aspects of a family business.
- Divorcing – A New Way (2008) about collaborative divorce.
- How to Reduce Contractor’s A/R’s Using Mechanic’s Liens
- The Risks and Benefit of Providing Employee References
Honors & Recognition
- Best Lawyers 2019-2021
- Named a “Leading Lawyer” in Family/Domestic Relations Law, 2006-2019 by Cincy Magazine
- Recipient of the Kentucky Bar Association Continuing Legal Education award (2010, 2011)
- Family Law | Divorce
- Collaborative Family Law
- Divorce Litigation
- High Net Worth Divorces
- Tax & Business aspects of Divorce
- Divorces involving Business Valuations
- Estate Planning
- Local Government
- Real Estate
- Small Business