Michelle E. ReidShareholder
Michelle Reid represents individuals, developers, operating companies, and lenders in various matters including acquisitions, sales, leasing of multi-family, retail, office, and industrial sites, financing, commercial and residential condominium development, residential subdivisions, zoning, and the obtaining and granting of easements. Michelle is a licensed Ohio title agent and serves as a title agent in Kentucky.
With her deep insight into real estate and related businesses, Michelle focuses on bringing real-world solutions to the table while meticulously ensuring the integrity of a transaction. Her ability to provide title insurance adds efficiency to any real estate transaction by allowing her to push the deal towards closing. Michelle prides herself in understanding her clients’ goals no matter the deal size and collaborates with clients to determine the most economical and practical approach.
Born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky, Michelle is now a long-time resident of Northern Kentucky and resides in Crestview Hills with her husband and two children. In her spare time, she enjoys CrossFit and visiting the aquarium or zoo with her kids. She serves on the board of the Gateway Foundation for the Gateway Community & Technical College and supervises students in the UC College of Law Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic each summer.
- University of Louisville (B.A., Economics, summa cum laude)
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Represented lenders and borrowers in various real estate transactions ranging from $10,000 to $50,000,000.
- Represented developers in the formation of mixed-use and residential condominiums.
- Represented a secondary lender in the conversion of an industrial site to residential apartments involving bond financing, historic tax credits, and senior lender funds.
- Represented numerous real estate investors in the negotiation of purchase agreements, management agreements, loan documents, membership interest purchases, and easements.
- Represented developers in zoning matters spanning Boone, Kenton, Campbell, and Hamilton Counties.
Articles, Publications & Lectures
- Building a Home in 2021? My Top 3 Considerations
- Buyer Beware: Your Property Taxes Will Go Up
- What to Do After Securing A Spot on Your Ohio HOA Board
- Real Estate Transactions: Avoiding Traps in Commercial Real Estate Purchase Contracts (CBA CLE Presentation)
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Development
- Office, Industrial, Retail, and other Commercial Leasing
- Condominium and Multi-Family Development and Operations
- Title Insurance