Ron R. ParryShareholder
Ron Parry is a member of the Strauss Troy litigation practice group. He focuses his work in the areas of complex litigation, including mass tort and class actions. Ron has successfully tried more than fifty civil and criminal jury trials. He served as lead counsel or co-lead counsel in a number of insurance and consumer class actions, including claims against life insurance companies for deceptive sales practices and interest crediting practices. Ron has also represented individuals against property and casualty insurers concerning improper claims-handling practices, as well as cases brought by state employees relating to inadequate distribution of retirement benefits.
Ron has been licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky since 1973, in the State of Ohio since 1987 and in the State of Tennessee since 2014.
He has served in a number of professional positions including: Former President of the Kentucky Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA); Former Treasurer of the Kentucky Chapter of ABOTA; Former Member of the Board of Directors of the Kentucky Justice Association; Master of the Bench in the Potter Stewart Inn of Court in the Southern District of Ohio; Member of the Mass Tort and Class Action Litigation Committee appointed by the Kentucky Supreme Court; and as an Adjunct Professor of Law, Trial Practice, at Salmon P. Chase Law School, Northern Kentucky University.
- University of Tennessee Law School (J.D.)
- Western Kentucky University (B.S.)
- Co-lead counsel in one of the nation’s first “paperless” class action trials – Ayers v. Sutliffe, Case No. CI-90-650, 1992 WL 207235 (S.D. Ohio 1992).
Articles, Publications & Lectures
- Business Interruption Claims Arising from COVID-19
- Are Onglyza and Kombiglyze related to heart failure and cardiac arrest?
- Can Prevagen really improve your memory?
- FDA Requires Black Box Warning on Invokana due to higher risk of foot or leg amputations.
- Is talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer?
- Strauss Troy investigates DePuy hip replacements.
- Strauss Troy files lawsuit alleging anticoagulant Xarelto causes internal bleeding.
Honors & Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Attorney
- Semi-Truck Accident Cases
- Consumer Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Securities Fraud Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury