Mark H. BerliantOf Counsel
Mark Berliant practices in the areas of real estate development, federal estate and gift taxation, probate and family planning, and succession. He began his career as a Tax Trial Attorney for the Internal Revenue Service.
Mark has had extensive syndication, partnership, limited partnership, joint venture activities and transactions throughout the United States; extensive real estate activities in multi-family apartments, hotels, shopping centers, office buildings and ground; experience in zoning, leasing, workouts, real estate tax reductions; further extensive representation in mortgage loan negotiations including primary and secondary financing, security agreements, title matters and all related problems.
Recognized as one of “The Best Lawyers In America” since this listing was first published in 1983, he has recognized expertise in federal income and estate taxation, family planning, succession, estates and trusts, valuations, in addition to his continuing board service as a director for various closely held companies.
- University of Virginia College of Law (J.D.)
- University of Virginia (B.A., Accounting)
Articles, Publications & Lectures
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, adjunct professor
- American Law Institute|American Bar Association, “Creative Tax Planning for Real Estate Transactions,” Lecturer
- Lecturer, Southwestern Ohio Tax Institute
- Lecturer, Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
Honors & Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Attorney
- Best Lawyers in America, since first published in 1983 – 2021
- Freestore Foodbank, Outstanding Volunteer award for leadership and participation
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate (Property) Law
- Federal Estate and Gift Taxation
- Probate and Family Planning