Daniel H. Demmerle IISenior Attorney
Dan Demmerle is an experienced business attorney whose practice covers all aspects of general business as well as development, financing, real estate and other commercial transactions. He works frequently with corporations and other family- and privately-held entities and their principals and management. He has more than 30 years of experience dealing with hotel and other hospitality industry entities and especially their management and franchise agreements.
Dan has extensive applied business experience, having served as an executive officer of two companies over a 10-year period. As a result, he has a working knowledge of the legal needs and commercial realities of clients, enabling him to provide value-added personal services.
Most importantly, Dan knows the pace of today’s business matters and believes that timeliness is key to serving his clients.
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., Order of the Coif, Vanderbilt Law Review Case Editor)
- Denison University (B.A., Honors)
- Has represented multiple borrowers and lenders on commercial loans totaling well over $1.5 billion
- Has represented a $100+ million full-service packaging firm for about 15 years as to all of its North American operations
- Represented a national developer in its negotiations with an international hotel company relative to multi-unit hotel management and hotel franchise agreements
- Involved with hotel management agreements and hotel development agreements for more than 100 properties
- Long-term representation of a physicians group serving more than half a dozen hospitals in the Greater Cincinnati area
- Has represented a national horticultural broker, and its principal, in all aspects of its business for more than 15 years
- Long-term representation of the oldest area marine dealer including successful transition to third generation ownership and development of a rapidly-growing internet-based parts and accessory business
- Represented a publicly-traded company incidental to its entry into the Atlantic City gaming market and related gaming licensure
Honors & Recognition
- Best Lawyers® – Cincinnati’s Project Finance Attorney of the Year 2015
- Best Lawyers® – Real Estate Law, Banking & Finance Law & Project Finance Law since 2005
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Attorney
- Medical Practices
- Real Estate
- Corporations, Limited Liability Companies & Partnerships