Strauss Troy Co., LPA, a midsize law firm with two locations, seeks an Accounting Specialist that is highly motivated, self-directed, and detail oriented with bookkeeping and/or accounting knowledge. The individual should also be good at multi-tasking, for they will be responsible for a variety of day-to-day accounting functions, giving them the opportunity to engage in all aspects of the accounting department.
- Responsible for all aspects of Accounts Payable and Disbursements, Employee Expense Reimbursements, Daily Deposits/Cash Receipts, Cash Flow for multiple accounts, and Clients and Matters.
- Cross-train in all areas of the accounting department to assist with all facets of the department: Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable, Client Billing, Collections, and the setup of Clients and Matters.
- In time, have a strong understanding of the overall accounting system software and setup. Strauss Troy is currently using Coyote Analytics for its accounting, time, and billing software.
- Look for ways to further enhance or automate our accounting processes to create better efficiencies, recordkeeping, and more mobility.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client files and Strauss Troy’s financial records.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- AR: 3 years (Preferred)
- AP: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting knowledge is a must.
- Associate Degree or higher is preferred but not required with appropriate experience
Job Type: Full-time, Monday-Friday
Benefits: Benefits include 401k, health and dental insurance, employee paid vision, and employer paid short term and long term disability, life insurance, paid holidays and PTO.
Please submit your resume for consideration or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All submissions are confidential.
About Strauss Troy Co., LPA
Once you discover the difference, you will understand why our clients continue to depend on us. Whether you need a corporate lawyer, or an attorney to handle a real estate, litigation, tax, family law or criminal matter, we have the right professionals working together as a team to be your long-term legal partner. Our proactive, practical, personal approach is the foundation of our firm and the reason for our clients’ continued loyalty. We work hard to create strong, long-term relationships and to nurture those relationships through personal service, relentless attention to detail and effective outcome.
Equal Opportunity Employer