Consumer Class Action | Consumer Protection | Defective Products
Strauss Troy’s consumer class action trial lawyers play an important role in protecting the public from dishonest, unfair, deceptive or dangerous business practices.
A “class,” represented by Strauss Troy, means having the legal resources to hold heavily “lawyered,” well-funded defendants accountable. Our consumer class-action experience includes recoveries against manufacturers, distributors, retailers, banks, insurance companies and financial service providers, as well as medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Strauss Troy attorneys have successfully litigated class actions in Ohio, Kentucky and nationwide under state consumer protection statutes that prohibit misleading and deceptive trade practices, common law violations such as breach of contract, unjust enrichment and tort law principles targeting defective products.
Representative Consumer Class-Action Cases:
- Cowit v. Celleo Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless, (Hamilton Co. Ohio 2011)($132 million consumer recovery)
- Combs v. Crown Life Insurance Company, (S.D. Ohio 2009)($2.1 million policyholder recovery)
- Academy of Medicine of Cincinnati v. Aetna Health, Inc. (Hamilton Co. Ohio 2007)(settlement of antitrust claims resulting in increased reimbursements to physician class)
- Sulzer Orthopedics Inc. Hip Prosthesis and Knee Prosthesis Products Liability Litigation, (N.D. Ohio 2002)(participation in $1 billion product liability settlement)
- Woodward, et al. v. Great American Life Insurance Company, (Hamilton Co. Ohio 2000)($25 million policyholder recovery)
- In Re: Telectronics Pacing Systems, Inc. Accufix Atrial “J” Leads Products Liability Litigation, (S.D. Ohio 1998)($57 million defective medical product liability recovery)