Timothy B. TheissenShareholder
Tim Theissen maintains a general practice, and primarily handles divorces, zoning matters, real estate transactions and estate planning/probate. He also represents several small businesses and does some other civil litigation. His largest practice area is Family Law, and he is a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (See www.AAML.org). He is collaboratively trained and is an advocate of the collaborative process (See www.nkydivorce.com).
- Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law (J.D.)
- Northern Kentucky University (B.A.)
- Attended Xavier University
Articles, Publications & Lectures
- The State of Grandparent Visitation in Kentucky (2011)
- The Family Business and Divorce (2011) addressing business valuations, and the non-marital aspects of a family business.
- Divorcing – A New Way (2008) about collaborative divorce.
- How to Reduce Contractor’s A/R’s Using Mechanic’s Liens
- The Risks and Benefit of Providing Employee References
Honors & Recognition
- Named a “Leading Lawyer” in Family/Domestic Relations Law, 2006-2014 by Cincy Magazine
- Recipient of the Kentucky Bar Association Continuing Legal Education award (2010, 2011)
- Family Law | Divorce
- Collaborative Family Law
- Divorce Litigation (including cases involving Business Valuations)
- Real Estate
- Estate Planning
- Small Business