Thomas C. RinkSenior Attorney
Tom Rink’s practice specializes in tax law, estate planning, real estate and business law. He was elected by his peers for inclusion in the publication “Best Lawyer’s in America” and was recently named an “Ohio Super Lawyer.”
Tom initially practiced as a Judge Advocate in the Marine Corps and during this time he obtained an additional degree in tax law at night. Since coming to Cincinnati in 1974, Tom has engaged in all areas of tax and business law. He has been active in representing high net worth executives, families and business owners in income and estate tax planning.
Tom has represented clients in the formation, operation and sale of their businesses, and he has counseled family members and co-owners on the loss of a business leader. Tom has developed and utilized innovative strategies for the reduction of the estate tax burden on the death of a business owner and enabled the family to preserve cash flow and continue the family enterprise. He has been involved in estates ranging from one to one hundred million dollars.
- University of Notre Dame (J.D.)
- George Washington University (L.L.M. in Taxation)
- University of Notre Dame (B.B.A.)
- Numerous tax controversies with the IRS and State of Ohio have been successfully settled.
- Issues involving valuations of partnerships and closely held businesses have been successfully negotiated with the IRS.
- Mergers and acquisitions have been successfully negotiated and completed.
- Sales of businesses to co-owners or family members have been successfully closed.
- Numerous families have been able to sleep better knowing of the plans that have been put in place for them.
Honors & Recognition
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Attorney
Best Lawyers in America® 2001- 2019
Ohio Super Lawyers
- Trusts | Estates
- Estate Planning
- Trust Law
- Family Businesses
- Business Law
- Succession Planning
- Tax Controversies
- New Business Planning and Formation
- Partnerships and Other Business Entities