S. Corey HamiltonShareholder
Attorney Corey Hamilton focuses his practice on corporate and business advisory services including contract negotiations and intellectual property, as well as real estate transactions and commercial finance.
His transactional practice includes negotiating and closing large scale corporate and commercial transactions and working collaboratively with clients to ensure the highest quality of corporate legal counsel. Corey works closely with corporations or other private or family held companies to provide a large array of business advisory services, including assistance with: entity formation; corporate governance; outsourcing contracts; and traditional or private financing.
In addition, he also assists the firm’s intellectual property group, where he focuses on brand creation and protection, complex intellectual property disputes and licensing matters. Corey works closely with clients to help navigate new brand protection challenges in a rapidly changing digital media environment.
- University of Cincinnati, Taft College of Law (J.D. )
- Indiana University (B.A.)
- Successfully negotiated multiple large company-wide outsourcing contracts for Fortune 1000 clients.
- Represented clients in well over 100 commercial and multi-family real estate closings.
- Represented a large regional restaurant group in a complex corporate roll-up and the subsequent closing of two rounds of private equity financing.
Negotiated the sale and transfer of a local medical practice.
- Successfully resolved multiple intellectual property issues for corporate clients, including several trademark matters in front of the TTAB.
- Negotiated a joint venture for local client providing fiber optic network services.
- Represented multiple applicant brands with ICANN Generic Top Level Domain (gTLD) application process, including assistance with the Trademark Clearinghouse and UDRP processes.
Honors & Recognition
Certified by Harvard Law School Program on Negotiation, Spring 2009
- Corporate Law
- Real Estate
- Trademark and Copyright Law