Charles C. AshdownShareholder
Charles is an experienced attorney whose practice covers all aspects of general business and litigation, as well as other commercial transactions. He also handles real estate matters, especially those that involve litigation. He works frequently with privately held corporations and other family businesses. He has over 20 years of experience dealing with automobile dealerships in all aspects of their operations. Charles also handles significant personal injury and wrongful death claims with both compassion and determination.
Charles has been with Strauss Troy for more than 25 years, and has developed significant long-term relationships with his clients as their primary business advisor. Charles is known for his practical advice, balanced decision-making, and refreshing candor. Charles is the chair of the Firm’s recruiting committee, and has been recognized for his tireless efforts to increase diversity in the Greater Cincinnati legal community.
- University of Notre Dame College of Law (J.D.)
- Fordham University (B.A., magna cum laude)
- Stephan Business Enterprises, Inc. v. Lamar Outdoor Advertising Company of Cincinnati, 1st. Dist. (Mar. 7, 2008) No. C-070373, 2008 Ohio App. LEXIS 3475
- LaSalle Bank, N.A. v. Carl F. Tuke Jr., 1st Dist. (Dec 10, 2008) No. C-080300 and (Mar 31, 2010) No. C-090444
- Dean v. Consol. Equities Realty #3, LLC, 182 Ohio App. 3d 725; 2009 Ohio 2480; 914 N.E.2d 1109; 2009 Ohio App. LEXIS 2114; 29 I.E.R. Cas. (BNA) 337 (May 29, 2009) Discretionary appeal not allowed, 123 Ohio St. 3d 1424, 2009 Ohio 5340, 914 N.E.2d 1064, 2009 Ohio LEXIS 2869 (Ohio, Oct. 14, 2009)
- Auto-Owners Insurance Company v. Colerain Ford, 1st Dist. (Aug 26, 2009), No. C-081247.
- Alvin Wulfekuhl v. Columbia Savings Bank, 1st Dist. (Jun 3, 2011) No. C-100617, Discretionary appeal not allowed, 130 Ohio St. 3d 1416; 2011 Ohio 5605; 956 N.E.2d 308; 2011 Ohio LEXIS 2724, Nov 2, 2011, Decided
Honors & Recognition
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Attorney
- Commercial Litigation
- General Business Matters
- Real Estate Transactions
- Employment Law
- Automobile Dealerships
- Liquor Licenses
- Mechanics Liens