Brian F. EvistonShareholder
Brian Eviston concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate law, commercial law, landlord-tenant law, and complex corporate and commercial litigation. He has extensive experience counseling owners, executives, and officers in all areas of their business, including corporate formation, mergers and acquisitions, succession planning, contract formation, government regulation, employment decisions, and property ownership and management.
Brian is dedicated to helping his clients achieve long-term financial success. He works closely with business owners, executives and in-house counsel to learn their business so that he may tailor a practical, value-added strategy that places them in the best possible position to achieve positive, cost-effective results. Brian explores alternative resolutions to his clients’ adverse situations and he has the litigation experience necessary to successfully represent his clients in court.
Actively involved in the local business community, Brian continues to develop a diverse network of professionals, banks, business owners, and individuals who enjoy the mutual benefit that is created by the exchange of business referrals, information, and advice. These network connections are instrumental in the promotion and development of his clients’ business interests.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D.)
- Thomas More College (B.A., Summa Cum Laude)
- Successfully restructured the existing debt and secured a line of credit for several closely held businesses that had their existing lending needs change.
- Successfully represented the Plaintiff, who was a partner in a joint venture with another corporation. The case was tried and our client received a favorable verdict, which was affirmed by the Court of Appeals.
- Successfully represented the Plaintiff, who was a minority Shareholder in a large national organization. The case was settled upon favorable terms to the Plaintiff prior to the commencement of trial.
- Successfully represented minority Shareholders in a breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract case adverse to a large international organization who was the majority Shareholder in the company. The case settled upon favorable terms for the Plaintiffs prior to trial.
- Successfully represented a large commercial landlord and property management company in a breach of contract action initiated by a tenant who performed a lease audit and measured the rentable square feet of the leased premises using the BOMA method of measurement. The case was tried and our client received a complete dismissal of the Plaintiff’s claims.
- Corporate restructure and formation of special purpose entities for subsidiaries in multiple jurisdictions for purpose of negotiating multiple level mezzanine loan with national lender.
- Successful negotiation of corporate reorganization, spinoff and sale of closely-held business with multiple subsidiaries in multiple jurisdictions.
- Successful tax-free reorganization and sale of distressed business entity.
- Successfully represented multiple clients in the acquisition or sale of business assets of ownership interests.
Honors & Recognition
- Leadership Northern Kentucky, 2013-2014
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2013
- Northern Kentucky Bar Foundation Scholar, 2001
- Wall Street Journal Award Recipient, 2000
- National Football Foundation Academic All-American, 1999
- Burger King Scholar Athlete Award, 1999
- Commercial Banking
- Real Estate
- Landlord | Tenant