Strauss Troy Co., LPA, a midsize law firm with two locations, seeks an Accounting Specialist that is highly motivated, self-directed, and detail oriented with bookkeeping or accounting knowledge. The individual must also have strong communication skills and be able to work well in a team environment.
- Manage all aspects of the Firm’s Ohio title company books, Security Title & Guaranty Agency, Inc., including recording deposits, processing disbursements, and working with the real estate department to assist in facilitating closings.
- Cross-train in all aspects of the accounting department to assist with all facets of the department including the processing of Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable, Client Billing, Collections, and the setup of Clients and Matters.
- In time, have a strong understanding of the overall accounting system software and setup. The Firm is currently using Coyote Analytics for its accounting, time, and billing software.
- Assist staff and attorneys with accounting software (Coyote Analytics) questions, concerns and training.
- Assist with a variety of upcoming accounting projects.
- Look for ways to further enhance or automate our accounting processes to create better efficiencies, recordkeeping, and more mobility.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client files and the Firm’s financial records.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- AR: 3 years (Preferred)
- AP: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting and bookkeeper knowledge is a must.
- Associate Degree or higher is preferred but not required with appropriate experience
Job Type: Full-time, Monday-Friday
Benefits: Benefits include 401k, health and dental insurance, employee paid vision, and employer paid short term and long term disability, life insurance, paid holidays and PTO.
Please submit your resume for consideration or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All submissions are confidential.
About Strauss Troy Co., LPA
Once you discover the difference, you will understand why our clients continue to depend on us. Whether you need a corporate lawyer, or an attorney to handle a real estate, litigation, tax, family law or criminal matter, we have the right professionals working together as a team to be your long-term legal partner. Our proactive, practical, personal approach is the foundation of our firm and the reason for our clients’ continued loyalty. We work hard to create strong, long-term relationships and to nurture those relationships through personal service, relentless attention to detail and effective outcome.
Equal Opportunity Employer