William O. (Bill) WilliamsonShareholder
Bill Williamson practices in the areas of real estate law, corporate law and entity formation, estate planning, probate and general business law. Bill has extensive experience in all aspects of real estate law including acquisition, construction, financing, title, leasing and divesture encompassing all categories of commercial and residential real estate. He also has a wide range of experience in counseling businesses through every aspect of the business cycle and regularly represents businesses in a full range of matters, including entity selection and formation, finance, capital structure, general contractual matters and mergers and acquisitions. Bill also regularly represents individuals and families with estate planning and probate administration matters. Additionally, Bill is a licensed title insurance agent in the State of Ohio and is also a title agent in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Bill’s business background and experience give him a unique ability to provide practical legal solutions to the issues facing his clients. His goal is to add value to each and every situation and to become a trusted advisor in the continued successes of his clients. Bill also strives to provide his clients with the most prompt, efficient and cost effective service available.
Bill is also an avid golfer who has been able to continue to stay competitive in local, regional and national amateur golf. He appreciates that his successes and failures on the golf course translate well into valuable life skills, such as patience, honesty, and respect. “Golf is a wonderful sport that teaches many life lessons and also allows you to compete for a lifetime,” he says.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D.)
- University of Cincinnati Graduate School of Business (M.B.A. – Real Estate Finance)
- University of Akron (B.S.B.A. Finance, magna cum laude)
- Represented a variety of lending institutions and borrowers in hundreds of sizeable and complex commercial real estate transactions ranging from under $1,000,000 to over $100,000,000.
- Represented numerous real estate developers through all aspects of the development process, including site assemblage, purchase agreements, easement covenant and restriction documents, residential and commercial condominiumization, homeowner association formation and drafting, strategic divesture.
- Represented numerous landlords and tenants in the drafting and negotiation of all types of residential and commercial leases.
- Counseled entrepreneurs and business owners with the selection and formation of appropriate legal entities for the starting of a business and drafting operating agreements and other business entity documentation.
- Represented numerous businesses in expanding or divesting of their business through both asset or stock purchase/sale.
- Represented numerous fiduciaries and families in navigating through the estate planning and probate administration process.
- Served on the Advisory Counsel of a matured business to help identify and develop key future opportunities.
- Represented numerous operating business through every aspect of the business cycle, including day to day contracts negotiations, day to day operational issues, corporate expansion and new market entry.
Articles, Publications & Lectures
- U.S. Supreme Court Case Underscores the Importance of Careful Estate Planning
- Northern Kentucky Small Business Seminar Lecturer
- Article “Organization as a Non-Profit” published in Strauss Troy’s IMPACT newsletter
- Business Buyers Can Benefit from Earnout Provisions
- Are Your Accounts Receivable DOA?
- Frequent Estate Planning seminar lecturer
Honors & Recognition
- Venue Magazine: Great Leaders Under 40, Class of 2015
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Former Winner, Greater Cincinnati Golf Association (GCGA) Metropolitan Amateur Golf Championship, GCGA Mid-Amatuer (4-time), Ohio Mid-Amateur, Ohio Publinks Mid-Amateur and Northern Kentucky Amateur Golf Championship (2-time). 16-time USGA Tournament participant including runner-up in the 2013 USGA Mid-Amateur.
- Real estate finance, acquisition, leasing and title
- Estate planning and probate administration
- Contracts and general business counseling
- Corporate Law
- Entity Formation