Amy L. HuntShareholder
Amy Hunt is a member of the Strauss Troy litigation practice group. She concentrates her practice in complex civil litigation, including shareholder derivative actions and consumer class actions filed in state and federal courts throughout the United States asserting unfair business practices, false and deceptive advertising, and improper sales and claims handling practices by large life and property & casualty insurance carriers.
Amy is also active in general commercial litigation and has experience in matters involving construction industry disputes, federal and state securities laws, financial products, and real estate, as well as experience in personal injury claims and employee benefits litigation. She has extensive experience drafting dispositive motions and in civil appellate work, specializing in making concise and compelling arguments in matters involving complex legal questions and multifaceted factual matters.
Amy has been licensed to practice in the State of Ohio since 2002 and the Commonwealth of Kentucky since 2003.
- Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Northern Kentucky University (B.S., summa cum laude)
- Defended large multistate homebuilder and successfully excluded expert testimony in construction disputes involving allegations of exposure to toxic mold.
- Defended commercial supplier and successfully obtained dismissal of claims for breach of contract, fraud, tortious interference, unfair competition, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Successful settlement of class claims against life insurers in McCreary v. Aetna Life Ins. Co., No. 3:08-cv-00654 (D. Nev. Mar. 20, 2011) (Order and Final Judgment approving nationwide settlement of class claims); Moore v. Reliance Standard Life Ins., No. 2:08-cv-00161 (N.D. Miss. Dec. 29, 2011 (Order and Final Judgment approving nationwide settlement of class claims).
- Successful settlement of class claims against a telecommunications company in Dick v. Sprint Communications, Co., 297 F.R.D. 283 (W.D. Ky. 2014) (Order and Final Judgment approving statewide settlement of class claims).
- Successfully defeated a motion to dismiss in a shareholder derivative action that resulted in a settlement of the derivative claims in Witmer v. Yale (Kindred Healthcare, Inc. Derivative Litig.), No. 16-CI-001246 (Jefferson Cir. Ct. Ky. Jan. 27, 2016) (Order denying motion to dismiss and finding demand futility).
- Civil Litigation
- Class Actions
- Life | Health | Automobile Insurance
- Consumer Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Construction Litigation
- Multi-District Litigation
- Appellate Practice