Michael A. Ruh, Jr.Shareholder
Michael Ruh practices extensively in the areas of real estate development (commercial, industrial, retail and residential), construction law, real estate financing and leasing. He represents developers in all aspects of projects and utilizes a pragmatic, business approach while advising clients. Michael also specializes in condominium law and redevelopment including mix-use projects and condominium conversions. His leasing experience includes a breadth of office, industrial, retail, air rights and ground lease transactions.
His corporate and business practice consists of advising investors, shareholders, members, entrepreneurs and private equity financiers on various issues such as: the formation, entity selection, capitalization and capital structure of new and existing businesses; mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, divestitures and risk management solutions; taxation of corporate transactions; business succession planning; buy-sell agreements; shareholder agreements; contractual review and negotiations; licensing agreements; trademark registrations, and general counseling on corporate governance and employment matters.
Prior to joining Strauss Troy, Michael was a senior consultant at Arthur Andersen & Company, LLP, and a financial analyst with a commercial/industrial contractor.
Michael also serves as the firm’s Treasurer.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D.)
- University of Kentucky (M.B.A., high distinction)
- University of Kentucky (B.B.A., high distinction)
- Representation of national developers in the development of commercial, residential and mix-use developments.
- Numerous representations pertaining to the acquisition, purchase, sale and dispositions of businesses.
- Long-term representation of numerous professional service companies.
Articles, Publications & Lectures
- “Balancing Private Property Rights with ‘Public Use’: a Survey of Kentucky Courts’ Interpretation of the Power of Eminent Domain,” Northern Kentucky Law Review, Volume 32, Number 4, 2005
Honors & Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Attorney
- “Rising Star” by Ohio Law and Politics Magazine
- Treasurer of Strauss & Troy since 2009
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Real Estate Development and Finance
- Business Sales and Acquisitions
- Industrial and Retail Leasing
- Business & Corporate Law
- Corporate Tax