Joseph J. BraunShareholder
Joe Braun is a member of the Strauss Troy Litigation Department where he is responsible for handling a variety of litigation matters.
His practice is concentrated in the areas of civil litigation, local government, employment and general business law. Joe has a diverse clientele representing individuals, as well as businesses, related to various civil matters in both state and federal court.
He has served critical roles on Strauss Troy’s litigation team helping to spearhead numerous complex class-action matters representing individuals with claims involving consumer products, medical devices and securities-related cases.
Many local governments have greatly benefited from his experience representing all aspects of government including contract, employment, zoning and public records law, among others.
Due to his extensive experience working closely with many national, state and local elected officials, political consultants and pollsters, he is frequently sought out for his legal guidance and counsel in the political arena.
Joe is also very active in numerous civil and charitable organizations in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- University of Toledo College of Law (J.D.)
- University of Kentucky (B.A.)
Articles, Publications & Lectures
- Institute for the Global Practice of Law, Introduction to Civil Litigation & Defense, presenter 2012
- Recent Developments in Ohio Public Records, presenter 2010
- Cincinnati Bar Association Seminar on Municipal Law Matters, presenter 2010
- Northern Kentucky University, Small Business Development Center Legal Issues Lecture Series, past lecturer
- League of Women Voters Now You are 18 program for students at Milford High School, annual presenter
- Legal Seminar Solving Water Intrusion and Mold Problems in Ohio, presenter 2003
Honors & Recognition
Ohio Super Lawyer Rising Star 2005-2013
- Personal Injury
- Consumer Law
- Election Law
- Nursing Home Litigation
- General Business Law
- Municipal Law