William O. (Bill) WilliamsonShareholder
Bill Williamson practices in the areas of real estate law, corporate law and entity formation, estate planning, probate and general business law. Bill has extensive experience in all aspects of real estate law including acquisition, construction, financing, title, leasing and divesture encompassing all categories of commercial and residential real estate. He also has a wide range of experience in counseling businesses through every aspect of the business cycle and regularly represents businesses in a full range of matters, including entity selection and formation, finance, capital structure and general contractual matters. Bill also regularly represents individuals and families with estate planning and probate administration matters. Additionally, Bill is a licensed title insurance agent in the State of Ohio and is also a title agent in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Bill’s business background and experience give him a unique ability to provide practical legal solutions to the issues facing his clients. His goal is to add value to each and every situation and to become a trusted advisor in the continued successes of his clients. Bill also strives to provide his clients with the most prompt, efficient and cost effective service available.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D.)
- University of Cincinnati Graduate School of Business (M.B.A. – Real Estate Finance)
- University of Akron (B.S.B.A. Finance, magna cum laude)
- Represented lenders and borrowers in hundreds of sizeable and complex commercial real estate transactions ranging from under $1,000,000 to over $100,000,000.
- Represented numerous businesses in expanding or divesting of their business through asset purchase and sale.
- Represented numerous fiduciaries and families in navigating through the estate planning and probate administration process.
- Represented landlords and tenants in the drafting and negotiation of all types of commercial leases.
- Counseled entrepreneurs with the selection and formation of appropriate legal entities for the starting of a business.
- Represented a commercial construction company with the development of an upscale office park.
- Represented a growing healthcare company with its corporate expansion into several new markets.
- Served on the Advisory Counsel of a matured business to help identify and develop key future opportunities.
- Represented an investor group in the divesture of underperforming real estate assets.
Articles, Publications & Lectures
- Article “U.S. Supreme Court Case Underscores the Importance of Careful Estate Planning”
Northern Kentucky Small Business Seminar Lecturer
- Article “Organization as a Non-Profit” published in Strauss Troy’s IMPACT newsletter
- Business Buyers Can Benefit from Earnout Provisions
- Are Your Accounts Receivable DOA?
- Frequent Estate Planning seminar lecturer
Honors & Recognition
- Venue Magazine: Great Leaders Under 40, Class of 2015
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Winner, Greater Cincinnati Metropolitan Amateur Golf Championship and Northern Kentucky Amateur Golf Championship
- Real estate finance, acquisition, leasing and title
- Estate planning and probate administration
- Contracts and general business counseling
- Corporate Law
- Entity Formation