Mary Beth StevensonAssociate
Mary Beth Stevenson is a member of the Strauss Troy real estate practice group. She focuses her work on real estate closings, title insurance, escrow services, title insurance defense, contract negotiations and general litigation.
She has extensive experience in designing, developing and implementing strategic plans for commercial, residential and REO transactions throughout the region. Timely closings are accomplished by facilitating collaboration between buyer, seller, lender, and proactively troubleshooting legal issues.
Additionally, Mary Beth’s litigation practice focuses on creditor’s rights representation, title insurance defense, foreclosure and real estate disputes.
Prior to engaging in the practice of law, Mary Beth was a sales and marketing representative for a Fortune 50 company. This corporate experience required extensive coordination between five manufacturing facilities, focus on budgets, cost control and building brand awareness. This intimate knowledge of corporate practices and business acumen complement her law practice today as she understands the objectives and perspectives of corporate clients within a legal context.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D.)
- Vanderbilt University (B.S.)
- Counsel and title agent for $5.5 million refinance of a regional retail asset located in Ashland, Kentucky.
- Counsel and title agent for $4 million refinance of three Applebee’s locations.
- Extensive representation of nationally recognized creditors in contested foreclosure matters involving issues related to standing, RESPA, TILA, FDCPA, breach of contract and service of process.
- Real Estate Closing
- Title Insurance
- Escrow Services
- General Litigation