D. Kristoffer BrandenburgAssociate
Kris Brandenburg’s practice is focused in intellectual property and commercial litigation matters. His intellectual property practice includes trademark and trade dress infringement, unfair competition, copyright infringement and trade secret misappropriation. Kris has represented client interests as diverse as website and logo design, software development and consumer goods.
He also assists clients in transactional matters related to intellectual property. These areas include licensing agreements, trademark and copyright registration, and entity formation.
Additionally, Kris practices in the area of commercial litigation. This area of his practice includes shareholder disputes, commercial leases, equipment finance and commercial real estate disputes.
- Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude)
- University of Cincinnati (B.A., cum laude)
- Defended a client in a copyright infringement case brought by a major international products distributor, which was commenced in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. The case settled upon favorable terms for the defendant in 2010 prior to the commencement of trial.
- Assisted and advised several clients in the pre-litigation stage relative to potential trademark and copyright claims.
- Successfully represented a plaintiff in a complex corporate litigation matter in Kentucky state court involving a large privately held corporation. The case settled upon favorable terms for the defendant in 2011 prior to the commencement of trial.
- Represents many clients, including a health services company and an internationally recognized musician, in implementing legal safeguards to protect the clients’ intellectual property rights.
- Represents a Los Angeles based independent feature film and television production company on complex issues related to local motion picture filming and production.
- Represents several small businesses on intellectual property and other business planning matters.
Honors & Recognition
- Leadership Northern Kentucky, 2014-2015
- Intellectual Property
- Commercial Litigation
- Trademark and Trade Dress Infringement
- Unfair Competition
- Copyright Infringement
- Trade Secret Misappropriation
- Licensing Agreements
- Trademark and Copyright Registration
- Entity Formation
- Shareholder Disputes
- Commercial Leases
- Equipment Finance
- Commercial Real Estate Disputes