Robert R. SparksShareholder
Rob Sparks is a member of the Strauss Troy litigation practice group. He concentrates his practice in civil trial and appellate practice in the areas of consumer class actions, consumer fraud, investment fraud, insurance litigation, and insurance and brokerage matters.
Rob has represented people and businesses harmed by fraud and unscrupulous business practices in state and federal courts throughout the United States. He was named a Kentucky Super Lawyer® in 2008 and has been a member of the Kentucky Justice Association since 1995.
- Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law (J.D.)
- Northern Kentucky University (B.A.)
- Co-lead counsel in federal court in Texas representing a class of life insurance policyowners challenging an insurer’s attempt to increase cost of insurance charges in the life insurance contract.
- Representing elderly investors in a multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme involving the sale of life insurance as an investment.
- Representing about 70 investors in a $100 million real estate Ponzi scheme which involved litigation and mediation in state court, federal court and in private arbitration. The representation also included negotiations with state and federal regulators investigating the Ponzi scheme. Part of the representation included obtaining a favorable award after a two-week arbitration for 20 investors against a major regional bank.
- Representing people harmed when an insurance company changed the benefit definition in a supplemental insurance policy in an attempt to reduce benefits to policyowners and save millions for the insurance company.
- Representing investors in FINRA arbitrations against their broker, brokerage firm and insurers.
- Representing individuals and classes against mortgage lenders and servicers for predatory lending practices, unfair and improper fees and charges, and breach of contract.
- Court-appointed lead class action counsel in a number of certified nationwide ERISA and insurance litigation cases.
- Lead counsel in numerous nationwide settlement class actions.
- Counsel on various multi-district litigation matters consolidated by the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation.
Articles, Publications & Lectures
- Comment – A Survey of Kentucky Tort Reform, 17 N. Ky. L. Rev. 473 – 1990
Honors & Recognition
- Kentucky Super Lawyer®, 2008
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Attorney
- Class Action Litigation
- Life and Health Insurance
- Automobile Insurance
- ERISA Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Multi-District Litigation
- Class Actions
- Appellate Practice