Richard L. CrosbyAssociate
Richard’s practice focuses on criminal and commercial-related litigation as well as real estate transactions. This work includes all levels and all stages of criminal and civil proceedings. In addition, he is heavily involved with counseling clients across a broad-range of legal issues from commercial disputes to employee theft and loss.
Richard has years of experience assisting small businesses in all aspects of initial startup including entity selection and incorporation, risk assessment, property subrogation, collective bargaining agreements, drafting general business agreements and collections. Furthermore, he routinely defends companies in response to subpoenas from government regulators, including federal agencies like the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Drug Enforcement Administrations.
University of Dayton (J.D.)
Ohio University ( B.A.)
- Served as a law clerk for the Honorable Stephen L. McIntosh, where he facilitated a wide variety of civil and criminal matters before the Court.
- Assisted a Fortune 500 Company in obtaining local and state tax incentives for the construction of its new corporate headquarters.
- Member of a trial team that represented 18 major U.S. retailers in a lawsuit filed in the Southern District of New York alleging violations of U.S. antitrust laws by Visa and MasterCard.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a drug retail chain in excess of $5 million.
- Successfully litigated felony and misdemeanor cases including aggravated murder, felony drug, OVI/DUI, theft and sexual assault.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a manufacturer of automobile products against a 19-count civil complaint.
Honors & Recognition
- National Black Lawyers Association 2017 Class “Top 40 Under 40.”
- Criminal Law
- Real Estate