Philomena Ashdown's practice includes general business and commercial transactions and related litigation. Her specialty is in the insolvency area, Chapter 11 bankruptcy, receiverships and assignments for the benefit of creditors. She also handles purchase and sales of distressed assets, including real estate and debt.
Philomena is recognized for her knowledge of insolvency issues and speaks regularly on related subjects. She is also known in the community for her efforts in business development and mentoring women and in the Asian Indian business community.
Philomena is a native of Madras, India, and a former law clerk to U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Robert K. Rodibaugh.
Representations include defense of commercial foreclosure actions as well as representing Creditor Committees, Trustees, Receivers, Assignees for the Benefit of Creditors, Debtors and Creditors in Chapter 11 cases and preference and avoidance of lien issues.
- Bergman v. OSI Development, 2010 Ohio 3259 (12th Dt. App.)
Chapter 11 Debtor Representation:
- Miller Bros. Paint & Wallpaper
- J.B. Flex, Inc.
- Old Town Apartments
- The Cincinnati Cordage & Paper Company
- The Perron Printing Company dba Image Graphics
- In re Pella Marketing
- The Gibson Group
- Clinch River Corporation
- Building Technologies Corporation
Committee and Large Creditor Representation:
- In re Lotto World; F&C International; Norwood, Inc.
- George Fels, Receiver and Assignee 2007 to present
- James Collier, Receiver and Responsible Designee, 2006 to present
- Dayton Grand Hotel
- Pegasus Technical Services
- Chiman Patel (Holiday Inn Franchisee)
- Baldev Chokshi (BP and Marathon Franchisee)