Strauss Troy was founded 1953, when four attorneys made a good decision to practice law together. Our founders were: Orville Troy, his son Ken Troy, Gene Ruehlmann and Lucien Strauss. Our first office location was in the Fountain Square Building which was located where the 5/3 Center is now.
Legend has it that Lucien Strauss wanted to call the firm Strauss Troy Troy and Ruehlmann because there were two Troys. Ken Troy thought that was a little too much, so they shortened it to Strauss Troy & Ruehlmann. Partner Gene Ruehlmann left the firm in the 1980s. After that we’ve been known as Strauss & Troy. In 2012, we switched to simply Strauss Troy when we re-launched our brand to make our name more consistent across platforms in social media and online.
The firm moved every time it got a little too big for its quarters.
The first move was to the First National Bank Building. When we outgrew that space, we moved to what was then called the Central Trust Center. Then in 1999, we moved to where we are now, which is the Federal Reserve Bank Building at 150 E. Fourth Street in downtown Cincinnati, OH.
Our Northern Kentucky office opened in 1987 and we moved into the Covington, KY, RiverCenter complex in 1990.